Texas Port Expansion Act passes state senate
- Coronavirus: The Woodlands Township Gives COVID-19 Update (March 21)
- Early Voting Begins Today – Learn More Here
- Senator Creighton Hosting Meet & Greet In New Caney
- Township and Community Partners to fund Mitchell Highway Designation
- Abbott signs $1.7 billion in state aid for Harvey, flood projects into law
Stay in Touch
By: Eleanor Skelton
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick issued this statement March 30 following the passage of Senate Bill 28 – the Texas Port Expansion Act, by Senator Brandon Creighton, (R – Conroe). The bill passed with a unanimous vote.
“Texas ports serve as gateways to the state economy creating nearly 1.6 million jobs for Texans and representing an estimated 25% of the state’s gross domestic product,” Patrick said. “In order for Texas to remain the number one exporting state, we must continue to enhance connectivity to ports and invest in port infrastructure. SB 28 will accomplish this goal by providing critical funding opportunities that ensure our ports remain competitive.
“I commend Sen. Creighton for his commitment to our ports and to strengthening the economy of Texas.”
– Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick