Texas Port Expansion Act passes state senate
- Creighton bill passed by state Senate expected to give financial boost to Texas ports
- Texas Port Expansion Act passes state senate
- Creighton clears up Pro-life Tort Reform bill
- Texas ports could get economic boost with Creighton bills
- Texas lawmaker rips liberal media for ‘fake news’ about his pro-life bill
By: Eleanor Skelton
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick issued this statement March 30 following the passage of Senate Bill 28 – the Texas Port Expansion Act, by Senator Brandon Creighton, (R – Conroe). The bill passed with a unanimous vote.
“Texas ports serve as gateways to the state economy creating nearly 1.6 million jobs for Texans and representing an estimated 25% of the state’s gross domestic product,” Patrick said. “In order for Texas to remain the number one exporting state, we must continue to enhance connectivity to ports and invest in port infrastructure. SB 28 will accomplish this goal by providing critical funding opportunities that ensure our ports remain competitive.
“I commend Sen. Creighton for his commitment to our ports and to strengthening the economy of Texas.”
– Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick